Saturday, July 19, 2008

In Makayla's words

Makayla called me tonight just after midnight (9pm their time) and told me all that she saw at the zoo today this was in her words..I typed as I listened


"3 panda bears, 2 snakes, a black bear, elephant, a lot of giraffes, gorillas and the gorilla's pencil holder, volcher, hippoPOTAMUS, a lion without it's cage and her picture with it (dad said it was fake), pigs, zebra, sleeping polar bear, I am brushing my hair and I smell good, eagle, owl, saw an owl at the show and a sea lion...I do not remember the rest I saw....Even we got to see a lot of zebras and we got to get a cup and got to get a toy and see a picture thing. I think that can be all now, BYE BBBYYYYYYEEEEE!"


Then she called me right back to tell me...."I am having a hard time sleeping because Paupi is snoring...where's daddy, let me talk to Chloe..ok..goodbye, goodbye to you and tell Chloe goodbye, BYE" I had to tell Makayla that Chloe had been asleep since for three hours (since 9 or so)

Here are some pics from her day in California today







think this is the cup she is talking about?

you can barely see her in this one she is next to the shoe
I think the shoe might be bigger than she is


1 comment:

Julie said...

As we were leaving the restaurant where we had lunch at the Zoo...there was an "older" lady having lunch alone...I noticed her and thought I should have asked her to join us...but I didn't really know how to go about it. As we were leaving she stopped me and said can I ask you a question...I said yes mam...she asked if I looked like that as a little girl...referring to Makayla...I said well she is my granddaughter and she does look like her mommy. She was suprised and said she looked like me too! :-)