Our power is back on...but we know lots are still without. We did have a tree land on top of our fence (no damage)...the weird part we have no idea where it came from. We looked at all the trees and none were missing a huge part. Luckily two of our neighbors (one is a police officer and firefighter and the other one just has that kind of stuff) had chain saws and cut it up. We now have some fire wood...if anyone needs some! I am so glad our power is back on...I was worried that all my milk would defrost...but it stayed frozen for over 10 hours, I would hate to have to throw that away. Our neighbors came to our house and we cooked spaghetti by candle light and a flash light...we are the only ones in the circle that has a gas stove. We also cooked garlic bread on the grill...the minute we walked out the door with the food the lights came on...but we had lots of fun hanging out with our neighbors all day! The girls enjoyed it...one of our neighbors we spent the day with has girls that are 4, 11 and 13. We even had grilled pork chops/steak and salad for lunch in our neighbors garage. I am so thankful we have such great neighbors..we are sad to see one of them go soon...but we know that it is best for them.
Here is the tree...(the stump you see has always been there) plus the end of that big thing looked like it was ripped off..I will take pics of the cut up part tomorrow so you can see how big that thing was...this was with my phone.

No comments:
Post a Comment