I can not believe that Makayla is already in Kindergarten. This week she goes half days and then next week full days. She is so excited and nervous all in one. This morning I asked her on the way to school do you want me to walk you in or drop you off at car pool. She wanted me to drop her off and let her walk in. I said how about the first day I walk you in. She said ok..we got inside the gym and there were a lot of kids and it was noisy. Her teacher asked her if she saw were the K was and told her that is where she would sit every morning until she came and got her. She asked her to go sit down and wait to be dismissed, this is when she looked at me and said will you walk me over there. So she held my hand and I helped her on the bleachers by her friends. After that she was fine, when the class was leaving the gym she did not even wave bye..to busy waving at another friend in the other kindergarten class. I am so thankful she knows at least half of her class from the two years of preschool there. Here are a few pics from the day and a video at the end with Makayla trying to remember her bible verse for this week.
**Please pray for Makayla this week and next to not feel so anxious and nervous about school. She was upset tonight and I know this another new transition that we will have to overcome with time. She was licking her fingers this morning in the gym. Please also pray for others to see what Makayla's true best interest are in the next week or so**
She kept giving me the thumbs up ( i never asked her to either)
Makayla sitting with her friends...Laura, Addie, Isabella and Julianne and Lily was there too. These are girls from Ms Molly and Ms Laura's class last year. Three of them are in her class and she even sits next to one of them. Hopefully we will get lots of green lights this school year. I although I know there will be yellow and red sent home. Talking will probably be one of the most things the teacher will get on her about, I do not know where she got that from.



Posing for the camera
She wanted me to take a picture of the back of her.



Posing for the camera
1 comment:
How sweet!!! I am sure she will do GREAT in kindergarten! I am glad she has some friends from last year with her - that will make things easier.
Way to go Makayla - you are going to LOVE Kindergarten! I just know it!
Post a Comment